We always complain about not having enough time in our hands and sometimes we use this excuse to skip breakfast. And we’re right, to some point. Work, school and between other stuff we sometimes forget to even eat something. Because of this and a lot more other reasons our beloved breakfasts might be pushed to the weekends. However, let’s not forget that it is the most important meal of the day! It gives us the push we need for early hours!
When we skip breakfast our energy starts to fall rapidly, our metabolic rate slows down and we get hungry faster. But the granola is a perfect excuse to not skip breakfast and to save a bit more time in our daily life. We can easily prepare it in our kitchens, store in a jar and liven up our meals with it!
Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 teacup of chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons of cashew nuts
- 1 teacup of almonds
- 1 teacup of hazelnuts
- 4-5 tablespoons of dried cherries
- 1 teacup of seedless raisins
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of grape molasses
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Key point: Make sure to use dried nuts and fruits!
How to Make It?
- Put the chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds and cashew nuts in a plastic bag.
- Use a mallet or something else to break them into large pieces and transfer them into a pot.
- Then add the oatmeal, honey, molasses and cinnamon and mix all of them together.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Cook for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- After 10 minutes remove the tray and mix thoroughly with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Repeat the same procedure and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest at room temperature.
- After the resting period add the dried cherries and raisins. Your granola will solidify as it cools so make sure to break it into pieces.
- And your new breakfast friend is ready to be enjoyed and stored in a jar!