Turmeric tea is something we started to hear a lot more in recent times. Especially how it can kill cancer cells and prevent their development thanks to a substance called curcumin.
Like the fennel seeds, turmeric is also a spice and we can find it easily on the supermarkets as in both root and powder form. But for this recipe, I recommend using the powder because shredding the roots can be a bit troublesome.
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
How to Make It?
- Boil the water in a teapot.
- When it starts to boil add the turmeric powder and ginger, respectively.
- Brew for 10 minutes and that’s it!
- If you don’t like the taste you can add lemon and honey!
Benefits of the Turmeric Tea
- Good for joints and muscle pains because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Due to being a strong antioxidant it helps to reduce oedema and fights diseases by strengthening the immune system.
- Increases your metabolism and supports fat burning, thus can be very helpful for those who wish to lose weight.
- Helps the liver clean itself.
- It helps to regulate the functions of the heart and reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- And the curcumin fights with free radicals and protects cell membranes from being damaged. Therefore, scientists say that turmeric may be a remedy for cancer in the near future.
Note: Although there are numerous benefits to our health don’t forget to consult with your doctor before start consuming regularly in case of allergic reactions and the risk of stomach problems.