Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 5 cups of milk
- 1.5 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 pieces of eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
For the caramel
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Key point: Don’t boil the milk but rather cook it on low heat for a long time and make sure to use cold water while adding to the baking tray.
How to make it?
- Pour the milk into a deep pan. After adding granulated sugar and stirring, cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the eggs with vanilla in a separate container then pour into our lukewarm milk.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly and cook for 2 minutes on low heat and remove from the cooker.
- For the caramel; put granulated sugar into a pan and melt with low heat until it caramelizes. Add lemon juice and stir with darkened and caramelized granulated sugar and remove from the stove.
- Divide the caramel between your ovenwares.
- Transfer our milk mixture into a separate bowl by filtering to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Then pour this mixture into your ovenwares and place them in the baking tray.
- Add cold water to the baking tray until it goes up to the middle point of your ovenwares and cook the desserts for about 45-50 minutes in a preheated oven at 160°C.
- After you have removed the crème caramels from the oven, take them out from the ovenwares by turning them upside down and share with your loved ones!