What if I told you that by mixing turmeric and milk you can get an amazing beverage? And not just amazing in terms of flavour but also in benefits! This is where the “Golden” name is coming from; its looks, flavours and benefits. But here is a little tip; we are going to add black pepper and healthy oils like coconut oil so we can use the full potential of the turmeric.
Turmeric contains a substance known as curcumin. This is actually a pigment and gives the turmeric its distinctive colour. The chemical components in this pigment reduce DNA damage and are good for many diseases, including joint disorders but it needs black pepper and coconut oil to be more effective.
- Golden milk stimulates faster cell regeneration thanks to the curcumin and eliminates free radicals from your body.
- It cleanses your skin and helps to minimize the appearance of acne with its strong antioxidant properties.
- Supports regular secretion of hormones and helps with relieving menstrual cramps.
- Strengthens the brain functions and supports your memory.
- It helps to strengthen the immune system. Especially protects children against diseases.
- Supports the treatment of patients with fatty liver.
- It balances the insulin level in the blood. Therefore makes you feel less hungry throughout the day and helps you to sleep more comfortably.
- Helps to lose weight and supports weight control by accelerating fat burning.
- Acts as a natural painkiller thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- These pain-relieving and cell-regenerating components play an important role in the treatment of cancer.
How To Make It?
- Transfer the milk into a deep pot or a tiny saucepan.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper into 1 cup of milk.
- Then cook over low heat while stirring. After the boiling point reduce the heat even more and cook for 5 more minutes, again while stirring.
- Remove from the oven and add 1-2 teaspoons of honey and that’s it!
Also if you are using turmeric root, make sure to shred into very small pieces and filter it before pouring into your cup.