Peanut butter is almost an indispensable product during our breakfasts and also for many recipes. It can drastically change the overall taste of any food with just a little touch and in this recipe, it adds a beautiful texture that melts in your mouth with creamy flavours.
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100 grams of room-temperature butter
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 5 grams of baking powder
Key points: You can prepare the cookie dough with kneading instead of using a mixer. The important thing is adding the dry ingredients at the last moment and don’t letting the cookie dough soften with the heat of your hand. Also, pay attention to use the ingredients at room temperature. And lastly, you can keep the cookies in a closed glass jar for long periods of time without losing its freshness.
Cooking Suggestion: If you use peanut butter with added sugar, you can reduce the amount of brown sugar you use.
How To Make It?
- Put the egg and brown sugar into a deep mixing bowl and mix with the help of a mixer.
- Add peanut butter and butter and continue mixing.
- Sift your flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a different bowl. Blend these bowls thoroughly using your mixer.
- Wrap the cookie dough with a stretch film and let it sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take small pieces from the cookie dough while it’s in the refrigerator and shape it by rolling in the palm of your hands and if you like you can give various shapes by gently pressing down with a fork.
- Place them 5 cm apart on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Then bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 160°C until the cookie’s surface changes its color.
- Lastly, let it cool down for at least 5 to 10 minutes before removing and share with your loved ones!