Preparation Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 45 minutes
For The Leek Mixture
- 600 grams leeks (cleaned)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
For The Quiche Dough
- 2.5 cups of flour
- 125 grams of butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ice water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For The Filling
- 200 ml. unsweetened raw cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/5 bunch of dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Key Point: While preparing the quiche dough, make sure that the butter, water, eggs and even flour are cold. Also in order to prevent the dough from melting quickly with the heat of your hands, use a kitchen robot.
Cooking Suggestion: You can add spices and greens according to your liking but if you’d like to add yellow, orange or red peppers, dried onions and carrots, you can add these vegetables to leek mixture after sautéing them in butter.
How To Make It?
- Dough Preparation: Add the egg yolk, sifted flour, yogurt, salt and diced butter into your food processor and mix.
- Then add ice water drop by drop to the dough and mix until it gets a smooth texture. Wrap the prepared dough with stretch film and leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Leek Mixture: Finely chop the leeks and heat the olive oil in a wide pan. Sauté these chopped leeks over high heat for a short time after adding the salt, freshly ground black pepper and cumin.
- Use a roller to stretch the cold dough slightly larger than the tart mold.
- In order to prevent the dough from releasing its butter with the heat, use your hands as little as possible while putting it into the mold. Take the excess dough pieces from the edges of the mold with a knife and repair the broken or torn parts with those excess pieces.
- And to make the dough bake evenly, gently prick it with a fork after putting it into the mold and bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180°C.
- Filling: Mince the dill and beat the eggs with the addition of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then mix the grated cheddar cheese, cream, minced dill and sautéed leeks with the help of a mixer and pour the filling into the quiche crust after baking it for 20 minutes. After pouring the filling, bake it for another 20 to 25 minutes and remove from the oven. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving and enjoy!