This plate is based on the Spanish herb “jam,” which is commonly loaded with olive oil. In this lighter adaptation, we add plenty of fresh herbs to steamed greens and layer on flavor with lemon and olives. If you use the celery leaves, this dish takes advantage of what would otherwise be compost or trash. Serve it on a toast with plain hummus.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- A bunch of kale (chop the leaves and mince the stems)
- Half a cup of celery leaves
- Half a bunch of flat-leaf parsley (roughly chop the stems and leaves)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- A quarter cup of pitted olives (also chopped)
- Grated zest and juice of a lemon
- A pinch of salt and pepper
How To Make It?
- Put the kale, celery leaves, parsley, and garlic in your steamer basket set over a deep saucepan. Cover and steam over medium to high heat for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and squeeze out any surplus moisture.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, then add your kale mixture to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Remove it from the oven. Add the olives and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!